The strength of our numbers will enable us to provide tangible support to Africa’s displaced – That is the spirit of LuQuLuQu’s online supporters.
Did you know that just over 1 USD (Ksh. 100) is enough to provide safer water to help keep one refugees alive and healthy for a day in an emergency situation? Enoc, a Kenyan online supporter of the LuQuLuQu campaign made a decision to support a forcibly displaced family. By giving Ksh. 100 he has made it possible to keep family alive during emergency situations.
No amount is too small. Ksh.100 is more than what they had before your donation.
You too can support today. Kindly click on donate.unhcr.org/luquluqu to give online You can also support via mobile money. Kindly visit https://twitter.com/LuQuLuQuTribe to see exactly how you can do that. Here is how your support can provide live-saving assistance to our forcibly displaced brothers and sisters:
- Just over 2 USD is enough to provide safer water to help keep two refugees alive and healthy for a day in an emergency situation
- Around 7 USD is enough to buy a thermal fleece blanket to protect a person from very cold conditions.
- Just under 7 USD can provide a child with a textbook for subjects such as Math, Science, Languages, Social Studies, etc. in a camp
- Around 8 USD can deliver a mosquito net to protect pregnant women and children from deadly malaria
- Just over 10 USD can buy a teacher’s manual helping to raise the standard of teaching in the classrooms for refugee children
- USD 10 can help detect and manage diarrhoea and pneumonia in a refugee child.
- 10 USD can help provide basic primary health care drugs for 1 refugee visiting the clinic 1-4 times in a year
- Just about 10 USD can help 1 woman refugee to screen for cervical cancer by providing test kits.
- 13 USD is enough to fund a year's supply of sanitary towels for a woman to help protect her health and her dignity
- Around 16 USD is enough to pay for a child's school uniform to help them attend school.